WHY ATTEND THE SOCIAL MEDIA SUMMIT?
Social Media are transforming the way that nonprofit organizations do business. Whether it is establishing a fan base on Facebook, sending up to-the-minute updates on Twitter, or analyzing current developments on your blog, social media technologies offer huge potential to nonprofits to reach out to their supporters and keep them engaged. Unfortunately, most nonprofits have not explored this potential, mostly because social media are so new and their applications are not well understood by nonprofit leaders. The Social Media Summit will explore the most popular forms of Social Media currently in use today, and show you how to leverage your stakeholders in ways that were unimaginable even ten years ago. At our Social Media Summit, you will learn how to use social media to:
- Reach new supporters of your organization
- Maintain and strengthen relationships with existing supporters
- Engage supporters without fatiguing them with too much information
Attendees will be exposed to all the major social media tools available to nonprofits today and will learn how to apply them to the nonprofit context. In addition, you will learn how to integrate your social media efforts into one platform to avoid duplication of efforts.
CAN ONE ATTEND SPECIFIC SESSIONS ONLY?
We understand the demands that are placed on you and on your time. That’s why you can attend only the seminars that are of interest to you. Come for the day or stop by for a couple of hours. You pay for only the seminars you wish to attend and only for the information relevant to you. It’s a novel approach to learning that allows you to get exactly what you’re looking for in a short amount of time. You can also sign up for a Full Summit Pass and attend all sessions at a reduced price.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF THE SEMINARS?
Each seminar features a roster of 2-3 speakers who will engage the audience in highly interactive and content rich sessions. This year, we are offering introductory sessions and advanced sessions so that you can attend a session that corresponds to your level of experience.
HOW IS THE SUMMIT DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EDUCATIONAL EVENTS?
The Summit offers a unique format to help you accomplish the following:
• Build relationships: to ensure maximum exposure to the experts and other nonprofit leaders, each seminar offers structured networking before the session starts
• Drill down to the specifics: speakers will also focus on providing specific answers to real-world questions that are common to most attendees
• Obtain information you can use: the emphasis in all sessions is on avoiding theoretical discussions in favor of practical tools and techniques that nonprofit leaders can actually use
• There will be introductory sessions for people who are interested in learning about a social media tool and advanced sessions for people who have already been using social media tools and want to discover ways to take social media applications to the next level.
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE SUMMIT?
The Summit is organized by the Center for Nonprofit Success, a nonprofit organization that specializes in bringing highly relevant information that nonprofit leaders need to run their organizations successfully. We developed the Social Media Summit as a result of feedback that we received from nonprofit organizations interested in learning what social media options are available, and how best to use them in the nonprofit context.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE SUMMIT?
Simply click on the seminars listed below to learn more about the topics that will be covered in each seminar. Then select only those seminars that you wish to attend.