A 1997 study of the characteristics of America`s best nonprofit organizations found that the best organizations had the following characteristics in common:
- A compelling and persuasive mission
- Inspirational leaders with a passion to improve society or alleviate a problem
- Innovative strategies for income generation
- A roadmap setting out the organization`s future direction
- An Active board of directors who understood their governance role
Our monthly Nonprofit Leadership Series will examine the characteristics of a strong, well-functioning nonprofit organization by offering seminars that deal with board development, strategic planning, finances, technology, and other issues affecting the long term sustainability of your nonprofit.
WHY ATTEND THE NONPROFIT LEADERSHIP SERIES?
Research has shown that the most successful nonprofit leaders are constantly improving their skills and knowledge about the way that nonprofits run. Our Leadership Series offers you the opportunity to learn from industry experts as well as other nonprofit leaders.
CAN ONE ATTEND SPECIFIC SEMINARS ONLY?
We understand the demands that are placed on you and your time. That`s why you can attend only the seminars that are of interest to you. You pay for only the seminars you wish to attend and only for the information relevant to you. It’s a novel approach to learning that allows you to get exactly what you’re looking for in a short amount of time.
WHAT IS THE FORMAT OF THE SEMINARS?
Each seminar features 2-3 experts who will give a short overview of the key developments in that field. After that, we will move into an interactive session that explores key issues and their real-world implications. The session will end with a summary of practical next steps. Each session will be preceded by a wholesome breakfast, and punctuated by a tasty mid-morning break.
HOW IS THE LEADERSHIP SERIES DIFFERENT FROM OTHER EDUCATIONAL EVENTS?
The Leadership Series offers a unique format to help you accomplish the following:
WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE LEADERSHIP SERIES?
- Build relationships: to ensure maximum exposure to the experts and other nonprofit leaders, each seminar offers structured networking before the session starts
- Hear different perspectives: the experts are drawn from different sectors of the nonprofit community to ensure cross-pollination of ideas and practices
- Provide a global view: speakers give an overview of key issues so that you can eliminate any gaps in your understanding of the subject
- Drill down to the specifics: speakers will also focus on providing specific answers to real-world questions that are common to most attendees
- Obtain information you can use: the emphasis in all sessions is on avoiding theoretical discussions in favor of practical tools and techniques that nonprofit leaders can actually use
The Leadership Seriers is organized by the Center for Nonprofit Success, a nonprofit organization that specializes in bringing highly relevant information that nonprofit leaders need to run their organizations successfully. We developed the Leadership Series as a follow-on to the Fundraising Summit, a highly successful educational series on fundraising and grantmaking that has been taking place around the country for the past two years.
HOW DO I REGISTER FOR THE LEADERSHIP SERIES?
Simply click on the seminars listed below to learn more about the topics that will be covered in each seminar. Then select only those seminars that you wish to attend.